SunPorch of Dodge City is a rapidly growing not for profit Kansas corporation. We are 110% committed to changing and improving our services to elders.
Opportunities are currently available for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Registered Nurses (RN), Certified Nurse Aides (CNA) and Certified Medication Aides (CMA) to join our team! Must have the ability to unite a team, exhibit strong inter-personal communication skills, and have a desire to partner with us as we ultimately move into a new, state-of-the art Green House™ concept building. We maintain a team-centered, interdisciplinary approach to resident care and offer competitive wages/benefits package.
We have a tremendous staff of caring individuals and are committed to making major improvements in our service to elders. At SunPorch Senior Living, our goals are to:
- Provide the Green House® Home for elders in small rural communities to enhance their quality of life. (thegreenhouseproject.org)
- To create an organization that will operate efficiently, produce quality outcomes and lead in the quality of services for our elders, especially in rural America.
- To attract and retain competent and caring employees by providing good training, competitive compensation, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Interested individuals may apply online or submit resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the "Nursing Home of Tomorrow", staff enter into a care-giving relationship based on individualized needs. This involves both preparatory and ongoing training for the employees to make sure the residents are receiving the upmost care they deserve.
- Core Training” is completed by the administrator and director of nursing, they become the lead trainers and mentors for all staff.
- Person centered care and “small home” design is much more than just the building. It involves changing the culture from accomplishing tasks to emphasizing the person.
- To that end, a tremendous amount of training is required for staff to “re-learn” how to do things.
- The traditional departments (ie: laundry, dietary, nursing, and housekeeping) are no longer used. Employees learn to be a “universal worker” and have a very different set of responsibilities than they’ve had before.
- Classes on “communicating for success”, “coaching for partnership”, “coaching supervision” are provided along with other training opportunities to equip the staff with the tools they need.